How to take care of wooden items
How to take care of wooden items?
Wood is a true gift of the Earth – alive, beautiful and warm and above all, really simple to preserve. If you have one of our pieces, here are some basic steps how to take care of them:
1) Avoid direct sunlight, heat and other environmental factors as they can damage and fade the wood.
2) Dust frequently. Always use soft cloth like cotton T-shirts, cloth diapers or microfiber to avoid damage.
3) With heavily soiled or sticky spots, dip a cloth in water that contains a mild dish detergent. Wring it out as much as possible and gently wipe the area. Be sure to follow up with a rinse from a damp cloth containing just water, then immediately wipe with a soft dry cloth.
4) Never use all-purpose cleaners, as they can cause damage to the finish.
5) If your pieces are without finish and you would like to remove some fingerprints etc., you can gently re-sand them yourself. In this case, use sandpaper with very fine microgrits (P320).
6) If older pieces develop an unpleasant odor, you can sprinkle the surface with baking soda to freshen it up or leave the piece outside in a shaded area on a warm, dry day. Enjoy your wooden decorations!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
No comment at this time!